10. They Are Unique: No need to get bogged down by breed standards.
9. They Are More Flexible: "Mixed breeds are thought to adjust more easily to a variety of households and living conditions." True, Ella doesn't care if she's here or at either Grandma's place, just bring on the treats.
8. They Can Still Compete: Well, maybe we're still working on this one.
7. They Can Still Be Trained as Service Dogs
6. House Training Is Provided. Many mixed breeds come from another home, like the new pup Leslie and Dwight Adopted, Mia, was 90% potty trained.
5. You Can Skip The Puppy Stage: Ok, so we didn't.
4. They Have Fewer Health Issues: Ella is pretty Sturdy.
3. They Have Cheaper Start Up Costs: If you don't count all the toys.
2. You're Saving A Life: This makes me happy EVERY day.
1. Their Awesomeness is Contagious!
I couldn't agree more. I'm so happy with my little Mutt. Who wouldn't love that face?! Need to adopt your own? Check out PAWS Chicago or the Anti-Cruelty Society.